Green bean casserole

Green bean casserole may have surpassed mashed potatoes as my top thanksgiving food item. That’s a heavy statement, but I’m feeling confident in it.

For the past 3 thanksgivings I’ve been manking this green bean casserole, and it has been devoured everywhere I bring it. So, since Thanksgiving is right there around the corner, pop this recipe into your mix!

2lbs of green beans 
1 can coconut milk
1 cup vegetable stock
2 cups mushrooms
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 clove of garlic 
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 
1/2 large onion 
Dash of clove, Rosemary, & thyme 
Lots of French’s fried onions. 







For the soup, put finely choooed garlic and onion into a pan with your spices. Add small amounts of broth to keep it from sticking. Next, add the chopped mushrooms and stir until they have shrunken down. Add the can of coconut milk, broth, vinegar, and nutritional yeast. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. 

Place the green beans into your casserole dish. I use frozen green beans, but if you get fresh, just steal them lightly beforehand. Add a generous amount of soup to the green beans, and mix in the fried onions. I use a little bit over 1/2 a container of French’s fried onions to mix in, but do whatever you desire. 

Finally, bake the casserole for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. 

That’s all! 

If you have any soup left over, I recommend tossing in some greens and eating it with some toast. 

I hope you all have a lovely holiday tomorrow, and that your visits with friends and family are great. 





Comments

Popular Posts