Chocolate Protein Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten-free)


Chocolate Protein Oatmeal


     Regardless of the season and temperature outside, I'm pretty much always down for a bowl of oatmeal. And if it's chocolate? Even better, sign me up!
     
     There seems to be a misconception that vegans can't eat chocolate, I assume because it's so heavily associated with dairy products, but this is so far from the truth! Vegans can enjoy chocolate very easily, and the best part is that it can be extremely health promoting as well. 

     I used to get my "chocolate fix" by having a chocolate bar of some sort, or chocolate milk, hot chocolate, a milkshake, one of those things. But now I can have chocolate as the base of my meal and not feel an ounce of guilt! :) 

     The trick is using the part of chocolate that doesn't have added sugar, oil, and dairy, and that, my friends, is raw cacao. This can be found almost anywhere in a powdered form these days, and if you can't find it, then plain old cocoa powder will work just fine. Cocoa is the exact same thing as cacao, only it has been roasted which makes the flavour slightly more bitter, and diminishes the cacao bean's nutritional profile a little bit. If given the choice, always always always go for raw cacao!





Ingredients:
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 ripe banana
Extra fruit (for toppings)
1 scoop of MyProtein chocolate protein powder (soy)
1 1/2 tbsp of raw cacao powder

Instructions:

1. Microwave the oats and water together for 2 minutes
(or cook however you prefer)
2. Mash 1/2 of the banana, and slice the other half to use as a topping later
3. Add the mashed banana, cacao powder, protein powder, and almond milk into the cooked oats and stir!
4. Top with the other 1/2 of the banana, and whatever other toppings you enjoy.
(Berries, peanut butter, cacao nibs, etc.)

Mine is topped with some sliced strawberries, cherries, and the sliced banana. It was so delicious and comforting!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

YOU MUST WEAR SLIPPERS AND  CARDIGAN WHEN EATING THIS TO EXPERIENCE THE FULL COMFORTING EFFECTS.

******************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!


Comments

Popular Posts