Thai Peanut Tofu

Thai Peanut Tofu
crispy!

     This blows my mind. The tofu really crisped up in the pan, but no added oil was used! Just the natural oils from the nut/seed butters in this recipe. I'm definitely a fan! This tofu is full of amazing flavour, and has such a firm, crispy texture. No bland mush in my house!

     I typically crumble my tofu when I make recipes that I'll take pictures of, because the square or rectangle shape can be alarming and off-putting to people who have had bad experiences with tofu. However, I cut mine into even strips this time, because I really wanted the tofu to cook evenly so I'd achieve the optimal texture. It was definitely a good decision! 


Yield: 2 servings with pasta or rice noodles

Ingredients:

1/2 a brick of extra firm tofu
1 clove of garlic
1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tbsp tahini (or just more peanut butter)
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 cups of spinach

Instructions:

1. Cut tofu into even squares or strips, and pan fry with the garlic on medium heat until golden. Flip them over to cook the other side as well.
2. Combine the peanut butter, tahini, and soy sauce into a bowl. Mix with water to create a creamy, pourable sauce.
3. When the tofu is golden, pour the sauce into the pan and stir to coat the tofu.
4. Chop the spinach and add until slightly wilted.

I served mine with some mung bean and edamame pasta, but rice noodles would be another good option! Top with some extra soy sauce and enjoy. :)

Comments

Popular Posts