Carrot Cake Smoothie, 2 ways!

Carrot Cake Smoothie/Ice Cream Bowl
Perfect Autumn Breakfast 

     I love smoothies and big bowls of nice cream. One of the only things about summer ending that makes me sad is the loss of all of those delicious tropical fruits that make up my smoothies. For some reason, mango-pineapple doesn't seem right to me on a fall morning. However, that doesn't stop me one bit from having my smoothies and ice cream every week! This recipe is a new creation of mine that I'll definitely be enjoying a lot this fall. I've included two versions of the recipe for you, depending on your preferences! 


For the ice cream bowl, which is a little more complicated, a perfect addition to your weekend brunch menu, you will need the following:

1 1/2 frozen bananas
1 medium carrot
1 tbsp almond butter
1/4 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg, allspice, and ginger

To make this:
1. Blend up the carrot in 1/2 cup of water in a small blender up, or just do that first in the food processor.
2. Let the bananas thaw for 10-15 minutes, then blend in a blender or food processor with the carrot juice, almond butter, vanilla,and spices.
3. Add protein powder after the bananas are all blended up for a thicker, fluffier texture.

I topped mine with some stove-top granola made with oats, maple syrup, almond butter, and a mix of cranberries and walnuts. I also added pumpkin seeds and chopped pecans for extra autumn-y goodness!



For the similar, and simpler smoothie, you will need:

1 frozen banana
1/8 cup rolled oats
1 small carrot or 3/4 medium carrot
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg, allspice, and ginger
1 tbsp almond butter
3/4 cup almond milk

To make this:

1. Pop the carrot and almond milk in a blender, and blend until smooth. 
2. Add all other ingredients, and blend until you get the desired consistency!
*optional for the top: pumpkin seeds and pecans

***I'd recommend pairing this with a piece of toast or a muffin or something***

Comments

Popular Posts