Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burgers
Simple Ingredients | Healthy and Delicious


Every now and then, I need a big burger in my life... I love going out to get them at some of the amazing vegan restaurants in my area, but a healthy vegetable based burger is necessary every now and then!

Plus, it was easy, and everything I didn’t eat with Denver for dinner was saved for lunch the next day. Meal prep!

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup chopped & boiled sweet potato 
1 can of black beans, rinsed
Spices to taste: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ginger and cloves. 
1/4 cup nutritional yeas
1/4 cup pearl or diced onion
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)

 A sweet potato this size is about 1 3/4 cups diced

Boil until fork tender 

Drain and rinse

Add in spices to taste, and whatever spices you like. I find that cloves and ginger compliment sweet potato very well. 



Nutritional yeast adds an amazing nutty/cheesy flavour

Oats act to give the burgers more shape, volume, and texture. You can grind them into a flour if you don’t want the texture of the whole oats. 

Flax seeds are super healthy, and act as a binding agent in these burgers. 

Form them into patties or falafel-ish things. I just didn’t want to say balls :/ 
Bake for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. 
This will make 4 rather large burgers, or about 20 falafel. 


Top with any veggies you’d like! I made this a double decker with Thai sweet chilli hummus, chao pepperjack cheese, spinach, and guacamole. On an onion bagel! I love burgers on bagels. :)

***

Make sure to follow me on Instagram for mini bonus recipes on my feed or in my story, and to stay updated every time I post!

@Piper.Ally

If you like my content, please consider supporting me on Patreon

Comments

Popular Posts