Creamy Zucchini Soup (Budget Meals)

Creamy Zucchini Soup


     If you didn't see already, I'm moving to the city in a few weeks and I'm trying to experiment with some cheaper meal ideas. Last time it was a Sweet Potato Soup, and this time it's some Creamy Zucchini! It was delicious as well, I'm loving these soups!
     This one has some similarities to the sweet potato one, but the process of roasting the vegetables and addition of herbs gives it a completely different layer of flavours. Plus, it was another extremely inexpensive dish!


Yield: 2 meal servings // or // 3 side servings


Ingredients:

4 medium redskin potatoes (or 2 russets)
1 large zucchini or 2 small
1/4 onion sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp dried herbs (basil, oregano, parsley)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Dash of paprika
Dash of cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup plant based milk
1/4 cup water
2 large handfuls of spinach


Instructions:

1. Roast the veggies.
-Potatoes: with herbs and spices for 40 minutes
-Zucchini, onion, and garlic for 20 minutes
2. Add the roasted veggies, water, and plant based milk to a blender, and blend until smooth
3. Add all ingredients to a pot and bring to a simmer with the spinach, salt, and pepper.



 

I had this soup as a side with some toasted french bread and my homemade classic hummus, and it was fantastic! My boyfriend and mom also had some, and it got great feedback.

What kinds of meals would you like to see in a budget friendly version?
Comment them below!

Also, if you have the means to do so, your financial support would be greatly appreciated. My Patreon account is linked below. With the move coming up (and the expenses of Boston... Yikes!) I have limited resources to continue making these recipes and posts, so if you want to see more of them, then I need your help!


*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!


Comments

Popular Posts