Dinner Tofu Scramble

Tofu Scramble (Dinner version)

   
     I know tofu gets a bad wrap, but it's all about how you prepare it. I too dislike nasty blobs of flavourless steamed tofu that you find most often. I've found that if you cook it the same way you would your eggs, chicken, or whatever else, that's when you find the most success.
     Tofu scrambles are an absolutely amazing replacement for scrambled eggs. It's healthier, lower in cholesterol, still high in protein, and way less gross to cook. Plus, there are way fewer concerns with salmonella and other diseases, considering tofu can safely be eaten raw. This is true for a lot of vegan foods. Whenever Denver and I cook together and one of us says "Do you think it looks like it's done?" The other says, without fail, "I don't know, but it's not like it matters. It can't kill you!" Which is both hilarious and true. Too many people today eat their eggs under-cooked, which is extremely dangerous, especially if you buy them from a grocery store, because those eggs are all produced in a factory like setting where health and safety are harder to regulate.
     Tofu scrambles can of course be a good breakfast option as well, but if you're anything like me, breakfast is reserved for sweet meals like smoothie bowls, oats, and pancakes. So I've taken the classic scramble and altered it to be more suitable as a dinner option!
     If you do like a more savoury breakfast, make sure to check out my sausage, tofu, and cheese breakfast scramble!

High in protein, micro-nutrients and happiness. :)

Yield: 4 servings


Ingredients:

1 brick extra firm tofu 
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tsp mustard 
1 tsp turmeric 
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic 
1/2 onion diced 
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup broccoli florets
3 cups fresh spinach 
Salt and pepper to taste 


Instructions:

1. Place onion and garlic in a pan on medium heat with all of the other spices and let brown slightly. 
2. Add the tofu and toss until well coated with spices.
3. Add the lemon juice, mustard, broccoli, and quinoa. Let cook for a few minutes. 
4. Toss spinach in until it wilts.
5. Add salt and pepper.

*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll


I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!


Comments

Popular Posts