PB and J Smoothie Bowl

PB&J Smoothie Bowl

     Peanut butter and jelly is one of those classic flavour pairings that few will put up a fight about. When my brother was on the track team in high school (before I was a crazy busy travelling musician) my mom and I would spend the entire night before his track meets making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches out of several loaves of bread. The day of the meet we would pass them around to the track team, and nobody ever complained! It was a weird little tradition, but to this day, that is my fondest memory of peanut butter and jelly. It's what always comes to my mind. Now, I wasn't the biggest fan of PB&J sandwiches growing up (probably because I've made 1,000 of them) but the classic combo has it's place in my life! One way is with this cute little smoothie bowl. It's full of delicious and healthy ingredients that will keep you running all day. ;) Pun very much intended.

Yield: 2 servings


Ingredients:

4 frozen bananas 
3 tbsp peanutbutter 
2 handful of spinach
 1/2 cup frozen berries 
1 of a ripe banana
1/4 cup vanilla granola (no honey!)

Instructions:

1. Blend the frozen bananas, peanut butter, and spinach in a food processor with some water to get the desired consistency. 
2. Thaw the frozen berries and mash them with a fork. 
3. Slice the banana and place on top of the smoothie mixture with the mashed berries. Add granola!

Don't limit yourself to a sandwich!

*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!


Comments

Popular Posts