Carrot Cake Pancakes (Vegan)

Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes

    
I very recently became a big fan of carrot cake. There was a whole foods co-op near the college where I did my undergrad, and every so often they'd have slices of vegan carrot cake in the bakery section! Topped with a super sweet cream cheese frosting. Also vegan, of course.
I can't even tell you how many slices of that cakes I've probably consumed. When I put on my senior concert, I even bought a 9" cake for the reception! However, I graduated and moved away from that cake... So I decided to make my own! Except, with an Ally twist, in the form of pancakes.
Cake for breakfast? Yes please...




Yield: 15 pancakes (serves 3)


Dry ingredients:


2 cups of flour
    (I use 1 cup oat flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1-2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Dash of cloves
    (or a whole bunch of allspice plus extra cinnamon)


Wet Ingredients:


1 1/2 to 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 chia eggs
^
(2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water/or any other vegan egg substitute)


Instructions:


1. Combine wet and dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
2. Cook 1/4 cup of batter on medium heat
3. Flip when bubbles start to appear over the surface
***Pro-tip!
Heat the oven to 200 degrees F to keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest of them. :)


Cream cheese frosting:


Option 1:


Pillsbury cream cheese cake frosting, melted in the microwave for 15 seconds
*It is free of animal products but contains palm oil


Option 2: (per 1 serving)


2 tbsp dairy-free cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp of sweetener of choice
(maple syrup or powdered sugar are really good choices)
Add almond milk to get desired pourable consistency

******************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts