The Yoshi (Super Mario series #4)

The Yoshi


     If you don't love Yoshi... Then you're wrong. Yoshi is a little dinasour who steals the heart of all. When thinking of a Yoshi smoothie, I decided to go for a tart tropical green smoothie that I think captured his character really well!
     The smoothie has (again) some unconventional ingredients, but they add something really nice to the overall drink. This one does have a slight vegetable taste, but I think it works well with the other flavours. 😊

Yield: 1 serving


Ingredients:

1/3 of a medium cucumber 
2 cups of kale or spinach 
1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple 
1/2 cup coconut water 
1/2 of a ripe or frozen banana
Juice of 1 lime
Dash of ginger 
1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds


Instructions

1. Blend the greens and cucumber with coconut water until there are no more chunks. 
2. Add the pineapple, banana, lime juice, and ginger and blend until smooth. 
3. Add the poppy seeds and blend quickly to combine. 



The fruit makes this smoothie sweet, and the lime juice makes it a bit sour, and the overall effect is really nice!

This is an extremely refreshing smoothie that's packed with nutrients, and it's a perfect way to start off your morning!

I think Yoshi would be proud. :) 

If you haven't yet, make sure to check out the other smoothies in this series:

1. The Super Mario
2. The Luigi

3. The Bowser



*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!



Comments

Popular Posts