Sweet Potato Nice Cream Sundae

Sweet Potato Nice Cream Sundae

     So, pre-veganism and pre-health conscious days, I would get banana splits... Often. I've always been a banana maniac, and when I got my sundaes I would always order extra strawberries. Most of the time I would end up eating the banana and strawberries, and leaving leftover ice cream because it wasn't even the best part. I've always been a fruit lover!
     I've made vegan banana splits before, and trust me, they were the real deal. So delicious! But a friend of mine tagged me in a post on Facebook, and I was inspired to make a banana split inside a sweet potato boat, using flavours that compliment the sweet potato really well!

By the way, I ate this for breakfast... And I'm doing it again...

Yield: 2 meal servings

Ingredients
1 medium/large sweet potato
2 frozen bananas
1 fresh ripe banana
6 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
4 strawberries
Dash of cinnamon


Instructions

1. Bake the sweet potato at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until soft. Cut in half and let cool, top with cinnamon.
2. Mix together 4 tbsp of peanut butter with 2 tbsp maple syrup. Add water in small amounts to get a saucy consistency.
3. Place the 2 frozen bananas in a food processor with 2 tsbp of peanut butter and blend in a food processor or high speed blender. Don't add any liquid, just keep pushing the sides down with a spoon in between blending.
4. Slice all of the fruit, and thaw the blueberries 

*You can use the strawberries as supports for the banana slices!

5. Assemble as you would a banana split
-banana slices on the sides
-scoops of nice cream in the middle
-berries everywhere
-sauce drizzled over top


Sweet potato and ice cream may sound like a weird combination to you, but you MUST try it. It's everything I've ever dreamed of in one little boat of sweetness. <3

*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll


I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts