Fruity Ginger Oatmeal (Vegan, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free)

Fruity Ginger Oats

     Oatmeal is an amazing breakfast choice. Sometimes, even a dinner choice... No shame. Growing up, my typical encounter looked something like this:
          
          Opening the cabinet
          Taking out a packet of Quaker apples and cinnamon
          Topping with boiling water and eating while still soggy

     To summarise, I didn't enjoy oatmeal all that much. About a year ago however, I fell in love with oatmeal and how versatile it is! It's easy and fast to make, and can be prepared ahead of time and eaten later! Today I am babysitting and decided to bring my oatmeal with me. This is how I did it!


Image may contain: 1 person, food

Ingredients:

3/4 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsbp coconut sugar
Dash of ground turmeric
Dash of ground ginger
1 banana
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup chopped mango
1/4 cup chopped peach

Instructions:
1. Place the oats, sugar, and spices in a microwave safe bowl or container. Add water. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
2. Mash 1/2 of the banana and stir in
3. Slice the rest of the banana and chop the fruit, or thaw from frozen
4. Assemble!


This oatmeal is super nutritious and filling, I actually couldn't finish all of it in one sitting, so it should be enough to keep you going all morning!

*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts