The Luigi (Super Mario series #2)

The Luigi


     I love the idea of green smoothies. There's something about drinking something green that makes me feel like I've taken the health game to a whole new level! However, I've had some issues with most green smoothie recipes I've found online. A lot of them have a lot of citrus in them, which is fantastic and nutritious, but I don't find that to be something that works for me first thing in the morning. That's why I've come up with a more dense, green milkshake for all of you guys to try out! 
     This shake is full of everything you need. Good carbs, protein, healthy fats, and a bunch of vitamins and other nutrients from the greens. It's a good way to start off your morning!
     Also, I know that everyone says this, but believe me, you absolutely can NOT taste the greens in this smoothie, and I even have a helpful tip for you below to make certain of it!



Yield: 1 meal serving // or // 2 snack servings


Ingredients:

2 frozen bananas
2-4 cups of spinach (depending on how daring you are. I go for 4!)
2 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp of hemp seeds


Instructions:
1. Blend the greens ALONE FIRST with 1/2 cup of water until there are no more 'chunks'
2. Add all of the other ingredients and blend until smooth



(Isn't my dog Brooke the cutest??!)



Make sure to check on Sunday when I post the next smoothie in the series. 

*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts