Sweet Potato Soup (Budget Meals)

Sweet Potato Soup


     I've been working lately with making cheaper dishes. I'm moving in a few weeks and trying to keep expenses down leading up to the move. This soup only cost me about $2 to make, and it yields two servings! I'm sure you could get it to be even less for serving if you buy potatoes in bulk as well!
     It's super creamy, easy to make, and so incredibly delicious! Leave a comment below what your favourite type of soup is. :)

Yield: 2 servings 

Ingredients:

1 sweet potato
1 russet or 2 redskin potatoes 
1/4 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp mustard 
1/2 cup plant based milk
Dash of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste


Instructions:

1. Boil potatoes
2. Drain out most of water, leave enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Add all other ingredients and bring to a simmer. 
3. Let cool and blend!



I topped one serving of the soup with extra paprika and some dried dill, and the other with some leftover vegan sour cream. 

You can also blend half of the soup and leave the remaining potato chunks for some texture on the soup. 

I'm definitely making this a regular dinner option for myself!!!


*****************************************************

If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram at @ThatPiperGirll



I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!




Comments

Popular Posts