Cherry Almond Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free)

Cherry Almond Smoothie Bowl


     If you haven't yet had a smoothie bowl, or tried the flavour combination of cherry and almond, then here is your opportunity!

    Smoothie bowls are exactly what they sound like. Smoothies that are eaten with a spoon out of a bowl! If done right, you can convince your taste buds that you're eating a fruity bowl of ice cream for breakfast. There are many ways to make smoothies, and trust me, if you follow this blog then you'll see plenty of them to come, but my favourites smoothies and smoothie bowls always start with a base of frozen bananas.
   
    I just peel them, break them into quarters, and freeze them overnight in a container. Then, when you pop them in the blender, you get a super creamy result that looks and tastes like ice cream! It's absolutely amazing. :)






Yield: 1 meal serving // or // 2 snack servings

Ingredients:

2 frozen bananas
1/4 cup of pitted cherries (frozen or fresh)
1/4 cup whole almonds or 2 tbsp almond butter
approx. 1/4 unsweetened almond milk (add in small amounts)

Instructions:

Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth. Combine almond milk in small amounts to reach the desired consistency.

Top with sliced strawberries, cherries, blueberries, almonds, and chia seeds. :)

******************************************************


If you make this recipe, make sure to tag me on instagram at @ThatPiperGirll

I believe that healthy, plant-based recipes should be available to ALL people, and that's why I started a blog instead of releasing a recipe book, which was highly requested among my Facebook friends and Instagram followers. If you do want to support me, you can make monthly or one time donations on my Patreon account. I thank you in advance for your support!








Comments

Popular Posts